Planning an event can be stressful enough without having to worry about the restroom. However, let’s face it, it’s an important part of every event! The quality of your guests’ experience can be greatly impacted by their use of a proper portable toilet. In this guide we will walk you through everything you need to know to choose the perfect portable/mobile toilet for your event.
Importance of Choosing a Suitable Portable Toilet For Your Event
When planning your event’s mobile sanitation needs, consider your event and what your guests would expect from the on-site toilet. Despite the fact that it might not seem crucial, picking the ideal units for your event will boost visitor satisfaction.
Choosing the right portable/mobile toilet for an event is important for several reasons:
- First, it ensures that your guests have a comfortable and clean place to use the toilet.
- Second, It helps you avoid long queues and waits for the toilets.
- Third, it can help you avoid potential health hazards that could arise from unsanitary conditions.
- Fourth, it can help you save money by choosing the right type of portable toilet for your event.
Types of Portable Toilets
There are several types of portable toilets that you can choose from at your event. The most common types of portable toilets are:
- Standard Portable Toilet– They are the most basic portable/mobile toilets. They are typically made up of plastic and lack flushing capabilities. They are preferred for small event planning with a limited budget.
- Portable Toilet with sinks– as the name suggests, they have a sink inside the unit. They are also referred to as VIP event restrooms and deluxe portable restrooms. They are great for outdoor events with food and drinks or working areas that require handwashing.
- Accessible Portable Toilet– These are Portable Toilets reserved for handicapped persons. They are similar to standard portable toilets, but they are bigger in size to meet the needs of the handicapped. It is wise to have at least one on-site for your event.
- Trailer Portable Toilet– They are quite different types and are the most costly portable toilet.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Each Type of Portable Toilet?
Everything has its pros and cons, and the type of portable toilet you choose is no exception. Here are some pros and cons of each type of portable toilet:
- Standard Portable Toilet:
- Pros: They are affordable, easy to transport and set up on-site. They are suitable for any event
- Cons: They lack flushing capabilities. This can make them smelly and unsanitary.
- Portable Toilet With Sink:
- Pros: With its sink inside the unit, it’s ideal for events with food and drinks, sites with food vendors
- Cons: The additional sink makes it more expensive than a standard portable toilet.
- Accessible Portable Toilet:
- Pros: They are larger with wider doors and floor space. Making them meet the needs of the handicapped and anyone who is unable to use a standard portable toilet.
- Cons: Its largeness and wideness make it more expensive than a standard portable toilet.
- Trailer Portable Toilet:
- Pros: They can be customized to fit your event’s theme. They provide a variety to choose from such as luxury trailers, VIP portable toilets, luxury VIP portable toilets and even fully enclosed luxury portable toilets. They are also more spacious and comfortable than a standard portable toilet.
- Cons: It’s the most expensive due to its added features.
Factors to Consider When Choosing A Portable Toilet
When choosing the right portable toilet for your event, it is important to consider the size of your event, it’s important to consider the size and scope of your event and the number of portable toilets you will need. Let’s dive into each factor:
- The number of guests attending your event
Knowing the number of your expected attendees is very important during event planning. It will help you determine the number of toilets you need. The golden rule on the toilet people ratio at an event is one toilet for every 50 guests at your event.
- The duration of your event
Is your event running for several hours or is it a multi-day event? Knowing this will help you to make sure there are enough toilets on-site to accommodate your guests throughout the event. The duration of your event will also determine how often the toilets need servicing. A multi-day event will have you service the toilet more frequently
3. Location of your event
The location of your event is important because it will determine the type of terrain on which the portable toilet will be placed on.
4. The type of event you are hosting
Every event is unique and has its own demands. No two events are similar. The type of event you are hosting can influence your choice of portable toilet. Is it a wedding, music festival or other formal events? This can make you choose a more upscale portable toilet. If you are hosting a construction site or any less formal event you may want to choose a basic portable toilet. An event creating awareness of persons with a disability will demand more accessible portable toilets.
5. Your Budget
Ironically, this should be the first on the list. Portable toilets come in a wide range of prices based on their types. Portable Toilets rental businesses also have different pricing but keep in mind that the cheapest option may not be the best option. It is important to choose one that fits within your budget.
How Your Location Influences the Choice of A Portable Toilet
The Location of an event influences the choice of a portable toilet in several ways. Is you event executed in remote area with challenges with electricity and water? You may need to rent a portable toilet with a holding tank and a handwashing station.
An outdoor event or one that is being held in public park may need to choose a portable toilet that is weather-resistant than that of an indoor event.
The location also influences the number of portable of toilets that you can rent. An event with a large space with many guests may need more portable toilets. An event with a small space may have a challenge finding a place to put a portable toilet. It is good to know before renting one.
The terrain of your location also influences your choice of a portable toilet. For example, if an event is held on a rocky or uneven terrain, you may need to rent a stable portable toilet.
Step-by-Step Instructions On How To Rent A Portable
The process of renting a portable toilet may vary depending on the portable rental company you choose. However, there are general steps that blend with any event. Here they are:
- Determine the number of toilets you will need based on the size and scope of your event.
- Research rental companies in your area and compare prices.
- Contact the portable rental company and provide them with the details of your event, which are the date, time, and location.
- Ask the portable rental company any questions you may have about their services and pricing
- Reserve the portable toilets for your event.
- Arrange for delivery and pickup of the portable toilets.
- Make sure you have a plan in place for servicing the toilets and a place where you will place the toilet during events.
Every event is unique and has its own needs. No two events will be similar. Choosing the right portable toilet comes with many benefits, like having enough toilets for your guests and helping keep your event clean and hygienic.
When choosing portable toilets for your event, you should consider factors like the size and scope of your event, the number of attendees, the duration of your event, and the type of facilities available at the venue. It’s important to work with a reputable portable rental company that can help you choose the right portable toilet for your specific event. They can help you determine the number of toilets you need and where to place them for maximum convenience and accessibility.
Do you have any questions regarding renting a portable toilet? Contact us; we take your concerns seriously!